Saturday, May 31, 2014

Stationery design

Designing wedding stationery is a great passion of mine. It's really important to me when creating an invite for a couple, that the design truly reflects them and gives a sneak peak as to what their day is going to be like.

I was anxious about creating my own stationery for our wedding back in December 2013. I had so many ideas, had seen so many amazing invites and just didn't know if I was going to be able to make up my mind. But, surprisingly, it all come together quickly. The key was I knew the client (Me and Mark), I knew what we liked and what means the most to us. This is my strategy for creating the perfect invite. 

I began with the Save the dates.



Then came the best part, the invite.

We got these printed on a tea towel, a great keepsake
for our guests. Photo by Jill Andrews Photography.


Followed by the extra info booklet.

We also sent these out as a PDF attached to an email.
Photo by Jill Andrews Photography.


Details from the save the dates and invites were carried through to the Big Day. At the ceremony we had cocktails served in cream bottles with little swing tags draped around the neck.

Coral spotted straws complemented the swing tags and even the cocktail colours
were in theme too. Photo by Jill Andrews Photography.


At the reception we used the hall message board to welcome our guests.

Our silhouettes were a design element that we used throughout the day. I was
inspired by a tiny ink portrait of a woman we worked for in the UK. It is
amazing how a simple outline can look exactly like us!


The place names and the menu cards were incorporated into one card.

These napkins are available for hire. Get in touch.


And finally, when it was all over and done, the Thank you cards. I created a concertina showcasing some of our favourite shots (by Jill Andrews) from Our Big Day. A link to the short video we created was at the bottom of the spot where we wrote our messages of thanks.


If your big day is coming up, and you want some fabulous invites that represent the two of you, please get in touch.

LOVE xx

No comments:

Post a Comment