Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vintage finds and antique treasures

Today we went for a little day trip out of Melbourne to a small town called Tyabb, near Mornington. It is well known for its abundance of vintage and antique shops. And it did not disappoint. I finally found some teaspoons and bought them from Betty Stone. She asked me if I had cupcake parties, because she has recently been selling lots of cake forks and finding it tricky to get hold of more. She was so sweet.

My new teaspoons from Tyabb Packing House Antiques

The Tyabb Packing House Antiques is spread over 2 acres with more than 30 dealers selling antiques, old school homewares, retro finds, vintage treasures and other specialty items. It is amazing. We had brunch in the cafe, Elixir, then took our time wandering around taking in all the amazing things.

Beautiful quilts and throws from White Out Of The Box

Next we moved on to The Vintage Shed which was a massive shed filled to the brim of fantastic vintage awesomeness. So many things that I wanted to take home with me.

This was my favourite setting.
Love, love, love the umbrella

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I would just like to let everybody know that a Vintage market is being proposed for RedHill and is to be held in the Red Hill School Hall on the 4th Sunday of every month in conjunction with the Farmers Market held on the outside of the Hall. We are looking for expressions of interest from stall holders....please, if you are interested please contact Karen at redhillvintage@bigpond.com or ph.0433792936
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete