Monday, March 26, 2012

Wall gazing

One of my favourite Australian artists is the wallpaper designer, Florence Broadhurst. The eccentric red-head began her business in 1959 and produced the most beautiful hand printed designs. The geometric patterns were vibrant and inspired by nature. Signature Prints have reproduced her designs and applied them not only to wallpapers, but fabric and other textiles too, so that we can still appreciate her gorgeous designs today.

Photos from Signature Prints

My dream is to one day have a space (hopefully attached to my house) where all my treasures I have gathered over the years will live. I will run my design studio here and my clients will be able to check out my work while I serve them tea and pikelets with homemade jam and cream. Mmm mmmm. And a Florence Broadhurst design would be the perfect decor.

The Cranes | Egrets | Gardenia
Photos from Signature Prints


An embarrassing habit I have is that I often get caught daydreaming while everyone else is watching tv. Having a Broadhurst design would make gazing into space (aka staring at the wall) a whole lot more interesting.

Ikeda | Carnation | Japanese Flora
Photos from Signature Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment